Thursday, January 29, 2015

Student Success Statement Ben Carson

Ben Carson
  • Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty
  • His mother and father divorced
  • His mother came from a family of 24 children
  • His mother couldn't read
  • His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis
  • Ben was the worst student in his grade school class
  • Ben becomes top student in his school
  • Ben becomes a world renowned doctor

Student Success Statement

"I hate poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it."

Ben Carson

I agree with this quote because it's true. If you are determined to change something you will be able to change it with no doubt. If you set your mind to do something, then you will accomplish it. For example, Ben Carson, he lived in poverty and he was a really bad student growing up and he was able to change that and now he is a renowned doctor. I believe if you want to change something in your life you have to set your mind to it and once you do that you will accomplish what you want to change. Ben probably didn't have no hope in his life changing but he set his mind to it and he was determined and his life did change for the better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment